Research Focus: The Wild, Wild Yeast: An Ecological Survey of Yeast Species and Strains in Finger Lakes Riesling
Faculty Focus: Five Questions for Jackie Dresser
Student Focus: Snowbird Students: Winter Internships at Bin to Bottle
Grapes 101: Phomopsis - Disease Biology and Management
Extension Focus: Cornell Enology Extension Program Announces 2018 ENOCERT Courses
Awards: Terry Acree receives 2018 ASEV Merit Award
Research In Plain English:
- Mitigating the Economic Impact of Grapevine Red Blotch Virus
- Impact of Fruit-Zone Leaf Removal on Rotundone Concentration in Noiret
- March 28th, NEWA (Network for Environment and Weather Applications) "Hands On" Workshop
- April 10, Northern Grapes Project Webinar: “Implementing NEWA Weather and Pest Model Information into a Vineyard IPM Strategy” - Register!
- April 19th, VitisGen2 Webinar: "Automated Evaluation of Grape Breeding Progeny to Reduce the Phenotyping Bottleneck" - Register!
- May 8th, Northern Grapes Project Webinar: “SO2 and You: Understanding the ‘When’, ‘Why’, and ‘How’ of SO2 Management in Your Winery” - Register!
In the News:
- "Starting a Winery in Northern New York: Considerations and Costs"
- The State of Winemaking in the Finger Lakes
- Yeast Research Aims to Reduce Stress for New York Wineries
- Vintners Gather for the 5th Annual B.E.V. NY Conference and Symposium
Featured Video: It's All About the Genes: Wine Color
Research Focus: Expanding the Use of Under-Vine Cover Crops in NY Vineyards
Staff Focus: Five Questions for Demi Perry
Student Focus: V&E Senior Capstones Making a Difference for NY
Grapes 101: Potassium - From the Soil to The Wine
Research in Plain English:
- June 12 (then recurring every 2nd Tuesday of the month), The Hitchhiker's Guide to Precision Agriculture Webinar Series: Precision Viticulture at a Glance
- July 9-11, ASEV Eastern Section Conference, King of Prussia PA
In the News:
- New Yorkers are Urged to Watch out for the Spotted Lanternfly
- Governor Cuomo Announces First-Ever Concord Grape Summit to Promote Continued Growth of New York's Agricultural Industry
- Senator Chuck Schumer Voices Support, Requests Funding for the Grape Genetics Research Unit in Geneva, NY
- Cornell Wine Connoisseurs Place Third in Switzerland Wine Tasting Competition
- Researchers Look for Genetic Clues to Help Grapes Survive the Cold
- The Frozen Genetics of International Wine Cultivars and Grape Breeders No Longer Flying Blind
Featured Video: Cover Crops in the Vineyard
RESEARCH FOCUS: Sensors Provide Information to Guide Variable-Rate Mechanical Fruit Thinning and Prevent Overcropping of Concord Grapes
FEATURED VIDEO: Adjusting a grape harvester for crop estimation or crop thinning
FACULTY FOCUS: Five Questions for Jason Londo
STUDENT FOCUS:The Vanden Heuvel Lab’s Visiting Student from Across the Pond: Sam Kozlowski
GRAPES 101:What Happens from Véraison to Harvest?
AWARDS:Grapevine Management Work Nets Cornell Doctoral Student Three Awards
Plant Pathology Doctoral Student Receives the 2018 Gilmer Award
Viticulture and Enology Doctoral Students win ASEV Awards for Best Presentations
RESEARCH IN PLAIN ENGLISH: Control of Sour Rot via Chemical and Canopy Management Techniques
- 'Cornell AgriTech' Reflects Influence in Food, Ag Innovation
- Will Europe Embrace Hybrid Wine Grapes?
- Finger Lakes or bust: how wineries are taking innovative approaches to changing climate
- Welch's Global Ingredients Group launches grape product for wine industry.
- Perfect pairing: From vine to glass, our science has elevated how grapes are grown—and enjoyed