Research Focus: Adopting Under-Vine Cover Crops in Vinifera Vineyards
Faculty Focus: Five Questions for Tom Burr
Student Focus: Our Roots Grow Deep: Alumni in Extension
Grapes 101: Will Effects of the 2016 Drought Carry Over into 2017?
Industry Focus: Lake Erie Growers Work with Researchers to Develop Technology for Grape Industry
Awards: Justine Vanden Heuvel receives NY Wine & Grape Foundation "Research Award"
In the News:
- TTB proposes new grape variety names
- New York's winery boom began 40 years ago: How a 1976 law changed everything
- Weather made 2016 good year for Finger Lakes wine
- Can science save our favorite wines?
- Water sensor moves from basic research to promising business
- You aren't wrong about wine
- The future of New York wine
Featured Video: What is LERGP? LERGP Podcast #1
Research Focus: Wine Grapes for New York's North Country: The Willsboro Cold Climate Variety Trial
Faculty Focus: Five Questions for Terry Bates
Student Focus: New Cider Course for VIEN Students
Grapes 101: Three Steps to Manage Grape Berry Moth
Efficient Vineyard Project Focus:
- Yield monitoring in bulk juice grapes (Blog - January 2017)
- Determining when to collect NDVI measurements to predict vine size and yield (Current Research - March 2017)
Research in Plain English: Characterization of Wild North American Grapevine Cold Hardiness Using Differential Thermal Analysis
In the News:
- Researchers look for genetic clues to help grapes survive the cold
- Connections: How climate change is impacting the wine industry
- Is wine healthy?
- Studies show no downside to trying cover crops in vineyards
- Cornell fund named in honor of Senator Michael Nozzolio to support viticulture, enology research
- Extension helps North Country grow grapes, wine community
- Eastern NY grape industry growing