All newly created PDFs on this website are accessible. To request an accommodation to access these PDFs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
RESEARCH FOCUS: VitisGen: Mapping the Way to the Next Generation of Grapes (pdf)
FACULTY FOCUS: 5 Questions for Dwayne Bershaw
STUDENT FOCUS: Student Teaching Winery Transforms Enology Instruction at Cornell
GRAPES 101: The Science Behind Cold-Stabilization and Tartrate Removal
BRIEFS: Announcing EnoCert: Cornell Enology Extension Lab's new certificate program
AWARDS: Cornell researchers win ASEV "2015 Best Viticulture Paper of the Year"
IN THE NEWS:
- A Few Truths About Phenolics
- Palissage: An Alternative to Mechanical Hedging
- Hybrid Grapes Survive Extreme Cold Temperatures
- Ribbon-cutting ceremony for FLCC Viticulture Center at Cornell Ag and Food Technology Park
RIPE: Convenient, inexpensive quantification of elemental sulfur
RIPE: Persistence of elemental sulfur spray residue on grapes during ripening and vinification
FEATURED VIDEO: Luke Haggerty on freeze damage
RESEARCH FOCUS: 22 Years of Grape Variety Trials Shape Long Island Grape Industry (pdf)
UPCOMING EVENTS: Western New York Hosts International Conference
FACULTY FOCUS: Five Questions for Tim Martinson
STUDENT FOCUS: Seniors Demonstrate Learning Through Capstone Projects
GRAPES 101: I Have Galls in my Vineyard: Should I Call my Nursery?
EXTENSION FOCUS: Lake Erie Growers Respond to Markets and Freezing Temperatures
- Lindsay Springer Wins Top Grad Student Food Chemistry Prize
- Cornell Researchers Win "Highly Commended Paper"
RESEARCH FOCUS: New Insight on Hybrid Tannin Retention (pdf)
FACULTY FOCUS: Five Questions for Tim Weigle
STUDENT FOCUS: Geneva Summer Scholars a Pathway for Students
GRAPES 101: What are Those Fungicide-Group Numbers on Product Labels?
EXTENSION FOCUS: Second Compendium of Grape Diseases is New Resource for Growers
- ‘Traminette’ grape named Outstanding Fruit Cultivar by ASHS
- Wayne Wilcox Awarded "Outstanding Achievement Award"
- Two Cornell Students Win "Best Student Presentation Awards" at ASEV 2015
IN THE NEWS:
- When Plant Species Matter
- It’s Time to Replace Woody Indexing with DNA Testing
- Managing Risk to Concord Grape Productivity and Fruit Quality
- Field Crop Sensors Installed in Vineyards to Assist Growers
FEATURED VIDEO: How Petioles are Analyzed
RESEARCH FOCUS: "Free" Doesn't Always Mean Free - Rethinking SO2 Measurements (pdf)
FACULTY FOCUS: Five Questions for Bruce Reisch
STUDENT FOCUS: Grad Student Uses Diverse Experience to Assist Growers
GRAPES 101: Manipulating Cluster Size at Bloom
INDUSTRY FOCUS: 30 Years of Fruitful Collaboration: NY Wine & Grape Foundation and Cornell
- Tim Martinson "CALS Award for Outstanding Accomplishments in Extension/Outreach"
- Thomas Burr "CALS Award for Outstanding Service to the CALS Community"
UPCOMING EVENTS: B.E.V. NY Business. Enology. Viticulture.
IN THE NEWS:
- Cornell Grape Research Boosted by $6 Million Grant
- N.Y. Boosts Funding to $7 Million for Food Venture Center
- Cuomo Hosts Beer, Wine Summit
- New York Funds Beverage Promotion
Featured Video: It's All About the Genes: Wine Flavor