- Method for measuring SO2 using headspace gas detection tubes PDF
- Calculator (Excel format) for concentrations and correlation between this method and traditional free SO2 measurement.
- New York Guide to Sustainable Viticulture Practices – Maintain profits while protecting water quality, soil, and human health through the use of the grower self-assessment workbook.
- Starting A Winery in Northern New York – The report provides a general overview of starting a winery in Northern New York. You will find information on current wine sales, markets, winery establishment costs, licensing resources, growing grapes vs purchasing grapes or juice, winery building, and potential financial help resources. Here is the associated cost calculator spreadsheet for new wineries.
- Frost Protection – Resources for berry, grape, and tree fruit growers on how to limit frost damage.
Regional Grape Extension Programs
Your link to current, timely regional information and events
- Lake Erie Regional Grape Program
- Finger Lakes Grape Program
- Long Island (Suffolk CCE) Grape Program
- Eastern NY Horticulture Team
- VitisGen2 – National grape genetics and breeding project funded by the Specialty Crops Research Initiative.
- NY Wine & Grape Classifieds – listing of grapes, bulk wine, equipment, jobs submitted by NY growers and wineries. Curated by Finger Lakes Grape Program.
- Efficient Vineyard – A project delivering innovative, science-driven, and approachable precision viticulture platform to measure and manage sources of vineyard variation.
- VineBalance - Sustainable Viticulture in the Northeast – New York sustainable viticulture workbook and newsletters (2009).
- The Northern Grapes Project – Publications, news, and webinars for cold-climate grape and wine producers in the Northeast and Midwest (2011-2016).
- Grape Disease Control - 2021 pdf
- Grape Insect and Mite Pests - 2021 pdf
- 2016 Production Guide for Organic Grapes - 2016 pdf
- Organic Viticulture in New York: Proceedings from the Third N. J. Shaulis Organic Grape and Wine Production Symposium
- Wine Grape Production Guide for Eastern North America [2008, PALS book #145] – Comprehensive reference on all aspects of wine grape culture, including site selection and preparation, trellising and pruning, disease and pest identification, nutrient management, irrigation, pesticide application, harvesting, vineyard cost and returns, and grape sales.
Video and Podcasts
- Eastern Viticulture and Enology Forum (2020-2021) - A webinar series for Eastern Growers and Winemakers
- September 13, 2018: Winery Sustainability and Wastewater Management: Regulations and New Tools