New York State Wine Analytical Laboratory
The NYS Wine Analytical Laboratory provides affordable analysis of juice, wine, and distillates for quality assurance, trouble shooting, and federal regulatory compliance. We offer over 25 different chemical, microbiological, and sensory analyses at our facility in the Department of Food Science at Cornell’s New York State Agricultural Experiment Station in Geneva, N.Y.
Analyses are offered at a discount to all New York bonded wineries, home winemakers, and craft distilleries because a portion of testing costs (approximately 33%) are subsidized by the New York Wine and Grape Foundation (NYWGF). We are unable to offer this discount to wine distributors or out-of-state wineries because of the nature of NYWGF funding.
Types of Analyses:
|To submit samples for analysis|
1. Complete an online form for each sample
2. Mail or hand-deliver your sample(s) to the following address:
NYS Wine Lab Attn: Ben Gavitt
Consult the checklist below!
|Questions? Contact Ben Gavitt at 315-787-2263 or email@example.com|
Sample Submission checklist:
- Provide a 750mL sample to allow for duplicate analyses and additional tests, if necessary. If only a single analysis is requested, a 375mL sample is generally adequate.
- Label all samples with the winery name and the varietal or wine type; be sure to include the sample numbers indicated in the online form, above.
- Wine samples must be submitted in completely full containers.
- Freeze juice samples and ship by next day air. Indicate that the sample is frozen on the outside of the shipping container.
Our location in Geneva, NY: